My mind is almost always going a mile a minute – pondering, reflecting, planning. Is this okay? or What will happen if _____? or What do I think about ____? Here are a few things I’ve been saying to myself this week. See if you notice a theme.
1. It’s okay to stay home from the gym this week; you’re sick!
2. It’s okay to leave work to go to the doctor. They can survive without you for one afternoon.
3. Yes, you and Jonathan are doing a good job managing Jonah’s screen time.
4. You’re not a bad mom for having a babysitter two Saturday nights in a row.
5. You’re not a bad mom for taking a few minutes for yourself between getting home from work and picking up Jonah from Nonni’s.
6. It’s okay that you haven’t written a blog post in a while.
7. You will have a job next year. (More to come about this, perhaps.)
8. You and Jonathan and doing a good job with the dogs. They are loved, happy and healthy.
9. It’s time to find some friends here. But the thought of that is pretty exhausting!
10. You can’t do much about the fact that the world seems to be going to hell right now. Do what you can and focus on the positive.
What has your self-talk sounded like this week?